January - Welcome Graphic 45!

Happy New Year!!!  It's now 2013, and time to welcome our first company to the Angela Holt Designs Design Team!  

Welcome Graphic 45!  Diane and her daughters Aimee and Cheree are the owners and operators of this wonderful company that celebrates the vintage style of the 20s and 30s.  

I've been told that my style quite fits the Graphic 45 style.  It does inspire me a lot with their beautiful, colorful, old-style papers and embellishments.  I love vintage, old-fashioned items, and distress.  And I love making projects that are challenging, are vintage style, and have not been done before.  Speaking of that....here's what I came up with for my very first Graphic 45 project for January!


Yes, it's a Photobooth!  I wanted to come up with something that hadn't been done before.  I was having trouble.  I was thinking of a Barbie wardrobe, or an old-fashioned dress made out of paper.  I wasn't sure.  But then I had lunch with a friend.  Just after we left, she pulled up beside me at a light, rolled down her window and said..."photobooth, you should do a photobooth"!  Well, that did it!  I did one!  LOL!  And for this project I'm using A Proper Gentleman Graphic 45 papers.


I made a little stool to sit on.  It's made out of chipboard which I freehand drew.  I then cut out a circle of chipboard and cut out a circle of patterned paper 1/4 inch bigger.  Made notches in it all the way around, so I could attach a 1/4 inch strip all the way around.  I then added some of the pretty Stamped Metal Brads by Graphic 45.  I think it added that extra touch.


Then for the photo area I also added a chipboard frame with acetate and black paper behind it to simulate the photo taking area.


This is the inside of the "camera area" but  I left it empty so that you could put a mini album in it, or hide something special.


Here is where the "photos" come out.  I used an Antique Metal Door Pull to look like the container the photo drops into when it comes out of the machine.  I printed some old photobooth pic off of the internet to show samples of photos.


I used my Art Deco Cricut cartridge to make the letters on top of my Photobooth.  I love the way these letters look!  So vintage!



I made the Photobooth sign in Photoshop with some fancy fonts and clipart.  I took a circle punch to the corners, and inked the edges.  Then I put some Stamped Metal Brads on the corners to add that special touch!


I used the Metal Clothespins from Graphic 45 to attach the velvet curtain to the Photobooth.  I love these clothespins!



I used velcro to keep the door to the camera area closed.  I also added a Stamped Metal Brad so it didn't look so plain.


And for the back I added a border piece of the Graphic 45 paper.

I hope you liked my first Design Team project of the year!  I would love to hear your feedback on it, and also let me know....Do you have any photobooth pictures of yourself?  If so, are they "crazy", or "normal" (did you make some wacky faces, or just smile).