The Story of Myself on the Shelf

I went shopping this past weekend looking for an Elf on the Shelf.  I've seen them for so long, I would like one for myself.  Well, when I found one and looked at the price...OMG!  Those buggers are expensive!  I guess I looked sad because a gentleman came up to me and asked what was wrong.  He was a rolly poly looking man with a white/gray beard, and wearing a red plaid jacket.  Hmmmm...he kind of reminds me of Santa.  Nah, couldn't be...anyway...I told him that I was going to buy an Elf on the Shelf until I saw the price.  He agreed with me that they were pretty expensive.  We got to talking some more, and I mentioned how cool it would be to be an elf and play around all night, and get into mischief.  Wouldn't that be fun?  After a few minutes more, I said goodbye to him.  As I was walking away I thought I heard him laugh a little ho ho ho...but no, that couldn't be.  I turned around to see...he was gone.  Hmmm...

Yesterday morning I received a letter with a return address of...North Pole.  What?  It couldn't be from him.  I stared at the letter for quite a while.  I just couldn't get past the return address.  After finally wrapping my head around that, I opened the letter.  This is what it read:

I enjoyed our conversation on the weekend.  I'm sorry you were so unhappy about not being able to buy an Elf on the Shelf.  I agree with you...they are quite expensive.  I was thinking about what you said about wondering what it would be like to be an elf.  That gave me the most wonderful idea!  So I'm writing this letter to let you know that I am granting you that special wish.  Each night at midnight from now until Christmas you will turn into a little elf.  You will have all the little elfy urges to cause mischief and mayhem.  You won't be able to help yourself.  You will remember everything you experienced.  And I will make sure to leave you photo evidence of your escapades to keep as proof it happened.  So have fun!  

Santa

What?!!!  Is this for real?  It can't be.  No.  It can't be.  Anyway...at midnight...it happened!  I DID turn into a little elf!  How do I know?  Check out this photo!


I met a new friend!  It was so much fun!  Running around...being so little I could go into places that I normally couldn't!  Loved it!  Can't wait for tomorrow!



Labels: , , , ,